The sun sets on another day...
Today is amazing, and a testament to all who enjoy the moment and the day. Tomorrow, well, tomorrow is a great day too, but it is not here yet, so I will enjoy my sunset and smile at the passing into night.
Wow, I think I bit off a bit more than I normally want to chew. I have been going through a list posted by a friend and revising, considering, and making a list I can believe in for all children. not just daughters. I think both sons and daughters face similar issues, and they need to have guidance. So here goes my shot at the list:
- It's ok to cry, and feel, and get mad, but when you are done, clean up and stand up.
- Seek out the people and places that resonate with your soul.
- Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should.
- Apply the 5-second rule. It’s just dirt. There are worse things in a fast food cheeseburger.
- You define you, no one else makes you who you are.
- Happiness is not a permanent state. Wholeness is. Don’t confuse these.
- Never walk through an alley alone.
- Be only as nice as you need to be without compromising yourself.
- Can't is a cop out.
- Hold your heroes to a high standard, then be that hero!
- If you can’t smile with all you are, don’t smile. Insincerity is nothing to aspire to.
- Don't let anything keep you from trying, press the envelope, expect more from yourself, and find your way.
- Never lie to yourself.
- Your body, your rules.
- If you have an opinion, you better know why.
- Practice your passions.
- Ask for what you want, the worst they can say is no.
- Wish on stars and dandelions, then get to work to make them happen.
- Stay who you are.
- Be passionate with more than people.
- Never be afraid to fall in love, but be in love with yourself more than anything else
- Say Please, Thank You, and Pardon Me, whenever the situation warrants it.
- Reserve “I’m sorry” for when you truly are.
- Naps are for everyone!
- It is your right to question everything.
- You have enough, you are enough, challenge yourself to be more.
- You are amazing, surround yourself with other people who are amazing!
- No matter where you are, you can always come home.
- Family is everything you are, be happy with you you are and who they are too!
- Say what you mean and mean what you say.
- I hope you find someone who loves you greater than the sum of the love I feel for you, with a passion greater than I have ever felt.
- Be kind; treat others how you would like them to treat you.
- If in doubt, remember who you are and do what I would do, find a way.
So, as the sun sets on this long series of days, I know, I know, it was a long list. My fault. It was good to read, good to consider, and maybe now I can move on to well, more of the same. I hope you are all havig fun and enjoying every day, no matter what.
Sleep sweet, love life, and enjoy your children...
The sun sets on another day...
I have a tendency of being confident. Sometimes maybe too much. Tonight as I sit writing I have to consider a lot more than just me.
Tomorrow the list I have been working with for some time is complete. It has been interesting working on this series of posts based on a list a friend posted. Our last message to consider is: "If in doubt, remember whose daughter you are and straighten your crown."
For a moment I was negative, then positive, then negatives and I pretty much zapped myself from going back and forth.I want my children to believe in me each day, and believe in who they are becomes of themselves. I want them to find their way, and be loved, and to love. I am not sure I want them to use me as a fallback for feeling good about themselves. It sounds nice, but it also sounds too safe.
the world goes through changes daily, and I I reviewed this I had a simple change. Well, I think it is simple. My suggestion is "If in doubt, remember who you are and do what I would do, find a way." I think we all should find a way each day. Not over the top, not like royalty, but because we deserve the very best for ourselves every day, no matter what.
So, as the sun sets on another day, take a moment, enjoy that moment, and if the world is pressing down, step back and remember who you are. You, yes you, have the ability to be and overcome anything. No one can bring you down but you. So step up with me and find the way to make the world yours, and if I am not there when you look back, it is because I am beside you each and every day.
Sleep sweet, love life, and laugh at the jokes each day...
the sun sets on another day...
Colors were alive as the sun set this eve. Crimson shards danced across the skyscape, and all the while it was peaceful and quiet.
I have been writing for some time now on a post a friend put up. I am down to the last 2 items. Tonight's message is: "Be kind; treat others how you would like them to treat you."
The golden rule has been around a long time. The idea of "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" is nothing new. We have somewhere lost that edge of knowing just how we should approach others. It appears as we have been more technologically advanced, we found a way to lose that ability to understand how to treat people.
There is a push again for people to be nice. If I was writing to my children I ask, I implore, I even beg that you consider someone else's feelings before doing anything. Being kind costs nothing, but being brutal costs you a lot, both in your mind, your heart, and even your soul. Take the moment to consider what you are doing before you open your mouth, then be nice. Do those things that are nice, and make the world a better place actively.
So as the sun sets on another day, be kind, be nice, never talk ill of another person or do ill to another person (well, almost never) Treat people how you would like to be treated. Somewhere along the way, enjoy the moments, because isn't that what life is all about? Do the best that you can, every day, no matter what.
Sleep sweet, love life, and be kind...
The sun sets on another day...
I am thinking about our center. What is at our center and what makes us who we are in life. We often consider our lives as somewhat organized, but I feel strongly we are only organized at the center. Just like the sun, pure chaos on the outside, but calm at the center, perhaps even cool? (Well, who knows)
I have been writing about a list posted by a friend to their daughters. I am down to the last three items. Tonight's message is: "No one will ever love you more than I do."
this is tough. there are two parents for every child, and there are a myriad of juxtapositions this can be interpreted. I would like to think it is true, that no one will ever love my daughter as much as I do, nor will anyone love my son more than I do, but I am considering here that maybe that is selfish. Do I condemn my children to never know the level of love from someone that I feel?
Hmm, for me, and maybe it is just me, I want to be able to say, I pray that someone feels for you the way I do, or I hope someone can love you with the power I do, or I hope someone loves you as much as I do. Doesn't that sound better?
Actually, I can take it one step further. Perhaps this is a message in itself. I would say "My children, I hope you find someone who loves you greater than the sum of the love I feel for you, with a passion greater than I have ever felt." Why you may ask? I know I will not be forever, I know the years before me are fewer than the years behind, and I would never wish that my children would be left alone without the depth of my love. Perhaps that is just me. Perhaps I want something that is ethereal for my children. I am sure some people will think ti does not exist. Perhaps though, if you look into someones eyes, and search inside those eyes, and see the fire, and life, and passion, well, maybe it is there. I hope so.
so as the sun sets on another day, yes, I love my children so much it hurts, but I hope someone else can be as full of love as I am, and be there for them each and every day of their life, no matter what.
Sleep sweet, love life, and love...yes just love...