The sun sets on another day…
Tonight the colors were amazing, and though the picture cannot do it justice, the smashing waves created the perfect diamonds in the sky that reflected all the light of the sunset into a single moment, and in that moment we found beauty for us all. Well, at least those of us who were watching.
As I watched the sunset today I considered all the people in the world who have heard the immortal words, “It’s not you it’s…” and wondered how everyone should react. The beauty that I saw tonight made me consider it not being you, or me, or anyone. Each of us are special in our own way, and although this is just a bunch of words on a screen if you truly consider how special you are, you might just realize, it really isn’t you, it is whatever or whoever is trying to say it is. You are the best you can be, and hopefully always trying to be better, and in the process growing each and every day.
The eve reminded me of a song by Lee Ann Womak where it said:
- I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance,
- Never settle for the path of least resistance
- Livin’ might mean takin’ chances but they’re worth takin’,
- Lovin’ might be a mistake but it’s worth makin’,
- Don’t let some hell bent heart leave you bitter,
- When you come close to sellin’ out reconsider,
- Give the heavens above more than just a passing glance,
- And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance. —I hope you dance….
In the process, and you listen to this very sappy but uplifting song, consider how wonderful you are, and take the moment and dance.
So as the sun sets on another day, its not you, it was always you, and it was never you, because you are awesome, impressive and amazing. Dance your dance every day, and in the process find happiness, no matter what.
Sleep sweet, smile often, and picture yourself as the best person you can be, then make it real…