The sun sets on another day…
Today is amazing, and a testament to all who enjoy the moment and the day. Tomorrow, well, tomorrow is a great day too, but it is not here yet, so I will enjoy my sunset and smile at the passing into night.
Wow, I think I bit off a bit more than I normally want to chew. I have been going through a list posted by a friend and revising, considering, and making a list I can believe in for all children. not just daughters. I think both sons and daughters face similar issues, and they need to have guidance. So here goes my shot at the list:
- It’s ok to cry, and feel, and get mad, but when you are done, clean up and stand up.
- Seek out the people and places that resonate with your soul.
- Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should.
- Apply the 5-second rule. It’s just dirt. There are worse things in a fast food cheeseburger.
- You define you, no one else makes you who you are.
- Happiness is not a permanent state. Wholeness is. Don’t confuse these.
- Never walk through an alley alone.
- Be only as nice as you need to be without compromising yourself.
- Can’t is a cop out.
- Hold your heroes to a high standard, then be that hero!
- If you can’t smile with all you are, don’t smile. Insincerity is nothing to aspire to.
- Don’t let anything keep you from trying, press the envelope, expect more from yourself, and find your way.
- Never lie to yourself.
- Your body, your rules.
- If you have an opinion, you better know why.
- Practice your passions.
- Ask for what you want, the worst they can say is no.
- Wish on stars and dandelions, then get to work to make them happen.
- Stay who you are.
- Be passionate with more than people.
- Never be afraid to fall in love, but be in love with yourself more than anything else
- Say Please, Thank You, and Pardon Me, whenever the situation warrants it.
- Reserve “I’m sorry” for when you truly are.
- Naps are for everyone!
- It is your right to question everything.
- You have enough, you are enough, challenge yourself to be more.
- You are amazing, surround yourself with other people who are amazing!
- No matter where you are, you can always come home.
- Family is everything you are, be happy with you you are and who they are too!
- Say what you mean and mean what you say.
- I hope you find someone who loves you greater than the sum of the love I feel for you, with a passion greater than I have ever felt.
- Be kind; treat others how you would like them to treat you.
- If in doubt, remember who you are and do what I would do, find a way.
So, as the sun sets on this long series of days, I know, I know, it was a long list. My fault. It was good to read, good to consider, and maybe now I can move on to well, more of the same. I hope you are all havig fun and enjoying every day, no matter what.
Sleep sweet, love life, and enjoy your children…