The sun sets on another day…
The sunset was clean and crisp tonight. Not a cloud in the sky, nor even a bird for the moment at sunset. A special quiet covered the land, and as the sun set the world was a better place.
I thought a lot today about things to be thankful for. I think we all should take a day occasionally and think of the true things we can be thankful for, don’t you? Here are just a few items on my list:
- The people in my life that have lifted me up, believed in me, and taken me further
- My friends that are real friends and will stand by me no matter what
- The people who have hurt me, and taught me to be careful in life
- The people who have taken a second and looked to the future, whether I know them or not
- The experiences that have been good in my life that have helped me see the good in the world
- The experiences that have been bad in my life that have helped me grow
- My family – All of them
- Everything else…
The everything else is the place we always seem to forget. We have so much going on in life that we look at those things close, but forget everything else. Everything else can include the butterfly that landed on me while I was on a beach, or the kind words from a reader of one of my books. It can be as simple as a flower, or as complex as a special dinner or a great night. Everything else may seem big, but everything else can be any size we see it as. I suggest you break everything else down to small pieces, and in the process, enjoy the everything else in your life.
So as the sun sets on another day, Consider each fragment of the things you feel are important, and as you do be very aware of everything else. The little things, the big things and the things many people overlook can be part of who you are each day. Be aware of them as well, and enjoy each day, no matter what.
Sleep sweet, love life, and everything else…