The sun sets on another day…
Today was Friday the 13th, and we should be hiding in a corner, right? There are so many reasons to be thankful for the first 13 days of the month. 13 is nothing to be afraid of, it is something to be celebrated.
There are many people who fear Friday the 13th as a bad day, and if you think about it they choose to remember the bad that may have happened on Friday the 13th. Let’s think about a few good things on Friday the 13th:
- Alfred Hitchcock was born on Friday the 13th. (That may be scary)
- The Hollywood sign was originally put up.
- One of the Olympics took place, and in Greece!
- Water was found on the moon on a Friday the 13th!
- Employment equality (The Civil Rights Act) was signed on Friday the 13th.
- Evelyn Pinckert Kilgore became the first licensed female flight instructor
- Super Mario Brothers was released!
- Howard Hughes set an airspeed record of 352 miles per hour!
- The accordion was patented!
- The first Heavy Metal album was released!
- Christopher Plummer was born!
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen were born!
- Friday the 13th part 3 was released (and I saw the 3d movie on opening day)
See, not all bad! Enjoy the day, and have some fun!
So as the sun sets on another day we should be thankful for all the time we have, and Friday the 13th, well, its not so bad, lets enjoy it, no matter what.
Sleep sweet, love life, and happy Friday the 13th…