The sun sets on another day…
I was reading a book that I had set aside for some time and I got tickled by a series of “carpes” and thought about all the things we should really seize.
Carpe Diem is a pretty popular phrase meaning seize the day. Few people have not heard of it and it really outlines something we all should do. Not wait for the day to walk up on us, but instead seize that day, make it ours, make it something that we not only experience but own.
Tonight I am suggesting a few other things:
- carpe beatitudo – Seize happiness, because we all deserve it and when it is there waiting for us, we need to grab it
- carpe temporis – seize the moment, because time is fleeting and waiting for a day just doesn’t seem right
- carpe caritate – seize love, because love isn’t just about waiting it is about doing
- carpe prandium – seize dinner, because sometimes you just have to eat
- carpe pace – seize peace, because sometimes it isn’t going to come to you unless you grab onto it
- carpe scientiam – seize knowledge, because sometimes knowing is better than opinion
and of course my all time favorite, carpe carpum, seize the fish, (well, carpe piscis) because it just isn’t that easy to grab a fish.
My point in this rambling silliness is that sometimes we can’t wait for life to give us, well, anything. Sometimes we have to reach out and grab what is presented and make it our world.
So as the sun sets on another day, seize your day. Make it your day, but along the way remember there is more to life than just today. Find your passion and make your passion a guideline to your happiness, and just keep making the world a better place, no matter what.
Sleep sweet, love life, and carpe luna